Monday, July 27, 2009

Example

Here's the email I sent my senators:

I just want to tell you right off the bat that I am a huge proponent of socializzed medicine. Frankly, Obama's plan doesn't go far enough. In addition to rising costs making it an economic imperrative, there is also a signifficant moral component. Without this plan, millions of Americans will die preventable deaths due to corporate greed.

This is where the problem comes. The current health care plan (H.R. 3200) mandates taxpayer funding for abortion. It also strips conceince protection and forces pro-life medical providers to choose between their consciences and their jobs.

If Obama really wants to stay true to his rhetoric, this is not the way to do it. This is not common ground and it is not reducing abortions.

In fact, it has been shown that abortions increase 25% when funded by taxpayer dollars. This increase in the loss of innocent laws is directly counterproductive to the purpose of healthcare.

I'm not asking you to oppose universal healthcare. I'm just saying that you should oppose or ammend this bill. Please. Lives are on the line.

No comments: