Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hero(es)

I just watched the Season 4 premier of MSNBC's Heroes.

So, do I have a point to this?
Of course I do; this is a political blog!

Peter saves the wife of a pregnant woman and her twin girls. She gives birth after arrival at the hospital and it is pointed out that he "single-handedly saved three lives".

So what about this situation makes me angry, you ask? Nothing.

Except they were born right after the accident. Had Peter done the exact same thing a few months ago, the lives of the twins wouldn't've counted. The exact same people, all three slightly younger, and suddenly only one life is seen as being saved. What's more, somebody could've been paid to kill the twins, and face no punishment whatsoever.

But maybe I'm reading too far into it.

No comments: