Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"Wait, there's a debate over ______?": circumcision

This is probably one of the only places where a debate is entirely unnecessary. Whether or not there are certain advantages and drawbacks is certainly important, but the decision must ultimately be left up to the person who's penis would be affected. It doesn't matter if your religion mandates it for the same reason we disallow human sacrifice and stoning; you have no right to force your religion upon others.

To end on a lighter note (and pad this post's length), I'd like to end with a joke.

~~~
Two 10-year-old boys are using consecutive urinals - one looks over at the penis of the other and says, "Oh no! What's wrong with your penis?"

The little boy replies, "I've been circumcised.".

His friend says, "You poor guy - when did that happen?".

"When I was born", came the reply.

"Yuck, it looks aweful - what did they do to it?" askes the first boy.

"They cut off my foreskin.".

The first little boy was shuddering as he imagined the pain his freind must have gone through. "I bet it hurt?", he said.

"HURT!!", exclaimed the boy, "Hurt - I couldn't walk for a year!"

No comments: